Vice President of Development and Community EngagementCompany: Food Bank of the Southern Tier
Date Posted: December 15, 2017
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The VP of Development & Community Engagement is responsible for all Food Bank fundraising and community engagement activities and provides direct leadership to the Development and Community Engagement team. The VP works closely with the President & CEO in developing and executing the Food Bank’s fundraising activities and community engagement strategies. The VP also works to create a strong, compelling and cohesive public presence for the Food Bank in order to achieve annual, capital, and long-range programmatic fundraising goals in support of our mission.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Five to seven years of experience managing a department or a team. Experience with business development and project management is key. Knowledge of the principles and practices of fundraising and marketing are a plus.
SALARY: Dependent on experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically & analytically.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency with contact management system a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout a multi-county services area and work non-traditional hours (e.g. nights & weekends) as needed.
- Ability to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner.
Send résumé and cover letter to:
Natasha R. Thompson, President & CEO
Food Bank of the Southern Tier