Manager of Grants and Service DevelopmentCompany: Hillside Family of Agencies
Date Posted: February 14, 2014
The Manager is responsible for designing and writing proposals to obtain governmental funding and private philanthropic funding. The Manager will also, in tandem with program leadership and key internal and external stakeholders, develop program models for new services that can be replicated with future service development of a similar type. The Manager will assure and coordinate input from all relevant departments in the design of proposals (Financial Services, Human Resources, IT, etc). In addition s/he will provide facilitation and project management during the start-up phase (implementation) of new services and research new funding possibilities based on organizational service gaps and funding requirements. The Manager will also be accountable to helping the Service Development Department identify innovative opportunities, trends in the field, and creative cutting-edge services. The Manager position within the Service Development department will be responsible for overseeing complex project systems, involving stake holders from within and external to the agency, including federal, state and local government, partner agencies, grantors, and other funding partners. Responsible for managing processes and organizing task responsibilities, including “managing up” within the organization and “managing out” external to the organization, throughout the process of all assignments. Grants/proposals designed and written by the Manager will be, at minimum, $10,000 grants and could maximize upwards of $5 million.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and write responses to RFPs, including detailed needs assessments, program designs, budget narratives, logic models, evaluation designs, etc., as assigned in consultation with designated affiliate staff.
- Design and write proposals to obtain governmental funding, including appropriation earmarks when applicable, in partnership with the greater Strategic Development Team and Hillside affiliate partners.
- In partnership with the assigned Relationship Manager and key program staff, design and write proposals to obtain private philanthropic funding.
- Design and write program models for new services that can be replicated with future service development of a similar type.
- Ensure and coordinate input from all relevant
- Assist affiliate in the start-up phase of new services. Assistance is negotiated depending on the affiliate needs and the availability of Service Development resources.
- Research new funding possibilities based on organizational service gaps and funding requirements.
- Remain up to date and familiar with evidence-based and best practices and effective clinical interventions, as well as evaluation tools, techniques.
- Work with the Director of Grants and Proposals on the annual service development plan and support business planning and gap analysis initiatives of the department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field with a minimum of 7 or more years of experience is required. Master’s Degree in Human Services and at least 5 years of experience is preferred. Experience with grant writing, as well as successful grant work is required. Ideal candidate will also have narrative writing proficiency with skill in writing human service program proposals including need description, program approach and benefits; proficiency with various computer software (e.g., Word, Excel, Visio, Raiser’s Edge) and internet systems (E.G., literature research engines, grants.gov) ; strong grant writing skills particularly with regard to federal applications; strong project management and implementation skills; and the ability to understand and apply budgets and budget decision knowledge in the grant and service development design process
Please send all resumes for job posting number 5403 to firstname.lastname@example.org