Assistant/Associate Director - Annual Leadership GivingCompany: Colgate University
Date Posted: April 16, 2014
- Organize Millennial Scholarship Program and Presidents' Club regional events : set goals, identify speakers, develop the program, work with volunteers and prospects to secure attendees and execute follow-up after each event to achieve Presidents' Club membership/Millennial Scholarship Program goals. Work with the Special Events Team to plan and execute these events. The Special Events Team will handle all venue logistics and the invitation process.
- Support on-campus Presidents' Club events (Homecoming, Family Weekend, Reunion Breakfast)
- Oversee the Millennial Scholarship Program Advisory Council
- Oversee the Presidents' Club Membership Council Events Committee
- Oversee Presidents' Club volunteers within the following eras: 1994-1998, 1999-2003, 2004-2008 and 2009-2013
- Maintain a portfolio of between 100-150 leadership giving prospects, with a focus on young alumni.
Undergraduate Presidents' Club education:
- Reinforce the importance of leadership support among the undergraduate community through collaboration with the senior class gift committee/undergraduate philanthropy program.
- Develop a social media plan to create awareness and promote the Presidents' Club.
- Promote the Presidents' Club 'Gateway
- Assist in the supervision of one administrative assistant.
Other duties for special Annual Leadership Giving projects may be assigned based on skill set.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 1 year of previous fundraising/alumni relations experience in a university setting or a bachelor's degree and the equivalent level of responsibility and achievement in the sales, event planning or marketing arena required.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required, a demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task, plan, organize, prioritize, and complete work by assigned deadlines.
- Must be must be available to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, and visitors on a daily basis.
- Well-developed computer skills with proficiency in applications including MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint are preferred.
- Previous experience recruiting and managing volunteers is helpful.
- Previous experience with Banner or other donor relations software or databases is a plus.
- Experience motivating internal and external stakeholders to achieve mutual goals is very desirable.