Endowment Campaign DirectorCompany: Rochester Area Community Foundation
Date Posted: September 4, 2014
General Campaign Coordination - 50%
- Reports to the Vice President, Advancement with great latitude for independent decision-making, the Endowment Campaign Director is a member of the Expanded Management Team looking at overall strategic concerns and planning multi-year, multi-faceted approaches to financial resource development.
- The Endowment Campaign Director will be concerned not only with the campaign but will participate in an integrated planning process that will incorporate all streams of fundraising.
- Develop an overall strategic plan for an integrated campaign model that supports the overall mission of the organization involving all campaign professional staff and volunteer leadership in the strategic development process to utilize their expertise and cultivate their support.
- Have oversight responsibility and monitor progress for timeline for campaign including long-term campaign and marketing plans.
- Provide direction for and support to all campaign –related volunteer committees, including the Endowment Readiness Group, trustees, and senior staff.
- Coordinate activities including scheduling and logistics, assisting in the development of meeting agendas, and proving follow-up reports and monitoring progress on action items following meetings.
- Evaluate status of solicitation pipeline and make projections regarding anticipated progress toward goals. Design and implement a suite of campaign reports designed to monitor progress toward campaign goals. Ensure regular and timely distribution and analysis of campaign reports.
- Monitor progress against the campaign operating plan. Help ensure that schedules are met and deliverables completed on time. Update the operating plan as needed.
- Coordinate meetings of the Advancement Committee and periodic meetings with campaign counsel. Provide follow-up and monitor progress on deliverables generated at these meetings.
Communications - 20%
- Assume responsibility for success of internal and external campaign communications. Serve as key staff and liaison with V.P. of Communications and outside communications counsel.
- Draft key campaign-related correspondence for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Vice President of Advancement, and Senior Director in Advancement department.
- Working with campaign consultants, produce training and campaign materials and collateral for key volunteers and staff.
Events and Stewardship - 15%
- Plan and execute events including high level cultivation events, campaign kick-off and celebration events.
- Develop and execute a donor recognition strategy.
- Ensure that all gift documentation is complete for campaign gifts.
Coordination of Donor Solicitation 15%
- Work with relationship managers, serve as the key portfolio coordinator in charge of tracking and reporting activity for all leadership gift prospects. Prompt development of strategies to help prepare these donors for solicitation. Manage reporting system for this activity.
- Provide primary support and direction for CEO activity with campaign prospects.
- Working with relationship managers, manage the CEO’s travel schedule for solicitations and other development and external activities.
- Education: BA/BS degree
- Experience: Minimum 7-10 years’ experience as a project manager.
- Skills: The candidate must have experience in working with and motivating high-level volunteers, have strong development skills, and have first-hand knowledge of fundraising campaign operations. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Proven track record to show strong organizational, process, and customer skills.
- Personal Characteristics: The candidate must demonstrate energy, flexibility, humor and an ability to make team efforts succeed. This position requires that the candidate demonstrate a belief in philanthropy and a commitment to community. Candidates must be able to work some evenings and weekends. Some travel may be required.
- Must have own car and be licensed driver with proof of insurance.
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000 contingent on experience
To Apply: By September 30, 2014, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or by mail (postmarked by September 30, 2014) to Rochester Area Community Foundation, Attn: Advancement Department, 500 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Rochester Area Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer