VP of Development & Community EngagementCompany: Food Bank of the Southern Tier
Date Posted: April 28, 2015
The Food Bank of the Southern Tier seeks an experienced and innovative fundraising professional to assume the role of VP of Development & Community Engagement. This position is charged with leveraging philanthropic resources vital to the sustainable growth of the Food Bank of the Southern Tier's hunger-relief programs and services.
Primary Responsibilities: The VP of Development & Community Engagement is responsible for all Food Bank fundraising and community engagement activities and provides direct leadership to the Development and Community Engagement staff. The VP works closely with the President & CEO in developing and executing the Food Bank's fundraising activities and community engagement strategies. The VP also works to create a strong, compelling and cohesive public presence for the Food Bank in order to achieve annual, capital, and long-range programmatic fundraising goals in support of our mission.
Education: Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree preferred.
Experience: At least 5 - 7 years of experience in fundraising with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
1. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively represent the organization in public.
2. Outstanding written, analytical, presentation and public speaking skills.
3. Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to motivate, train, and support volunteers and staff.
4. Good computer skills with database management experience. Familiarity with The Raiser's Edge strongly preferred.
5. Demonstrates personal integrity, enthusiasm, perspective, flexibility, sound judgment, a strong work ethic, and a desire to be a part of a vibrant organization.
6. Able to prioritize, move quickly and maintain strong follow-through in a dynamic environment.
7. Adapts effectively to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to successfully deal with unexpected events.
8. Committed to helping the Food Bank build and sustain hunger-free communities throughout the Southern Tier. Able to articulate that mission with conviction.
9. Willingness and ability to travel throughout a multi-county service area and work non-traditional hours (e.g. nights & weekends) as needed.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Natasha R. Thompson, President & CEO
Food Bank of the Southern Tier