Director of DevelopmentCompany: Alternatives Federal Credit Untion
Date Posted: June 18, 2015
Be a part of our team – and help make a difference! Alternatives Federal Credit Union is a non-profit Community Development Financial Institution, dedicated to building wealth and creating economic opportunity for underserved people and communities.
We currently have an open position for the Development Director. The selected candidate will successfully identify and pursue funding sources to assist with Alternatives continued growth.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to;
- Consistently demonstrate Alternatives' values of Ownership, Innovation and Collaboration in all areas of job functions and responsibilities as well as interactions with staff, members and stakeholders.
- Develop, create strategic long-term fundraising plans. Develop and implement tactical short-term plans to increase income; grant-based, individual, corporate and foundation- based, and in-kind.
- Raises funds for the operations and expansion of Alternatives Group programs.
- Writes and edits grant applications, monitors performance, completes and submits required reports.
- Follows through with grant proposals, once grants are awarded, providing necessary documentation and monitors agency reporting.
- Identifies and cultivates corporate, foundation, and individual donors. Develops and manages special fundraising events, maintains an individual donor base.
- Coordinates activities of bard and staff to work towards funding goals.
- Attends staff, committee, board and community meetings and events as required.
- Ability to travel, as necessary (less than 5% of time).
- A college education or equivalent work experience.
- Five to ten years of similar grant writing and fundraising experience.
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, required significant level of diplomacy and trust.
Other Desired Skills:
- Successful grant proposal writing skills.
- Proven strategic ability to identify funding opportunities from current and new funders.
- Ability to perform accurately under deadline pressure.
- Ability to manage and balance multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management, as well as government, business, and community representatives.
- Strong analytic, oral and written communication and editing skills.
About Alternatives Federal Credit Union: Alternatives Federal Credit Union is an $86 million dollar asset Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) serving the Ithaca community and surrounding region. Founded in 1979, Alternatives is a complex financial institution composed of four inter-related groups (including three non-profits) working together to provide asset-building opportunity for the region. Alternatives' mission is to build wealth and create economic opportunity for underserved people. Beyond traditional credit union services, Alternatives combines loan products and investment opportunities with financial education. Alternatives is a leader in CDFI work and is recognized world-wide for its contribution in this area. For more detailed information about Alternatives please visit our web site at www.alternatives.org
Applications may be submitted via the website.