Director of Annual GivingCompany: Alfred State SUNY College of Technology
Date Posted: July 9, 2015
Alfred State College
Director of Annual Giving
About Alfred State College: Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 70 majors, where project based learning, sustainability, and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on realworld problems, they learn how to think, not what to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
Our faculty is dedicated to teaching and the academic success of our students. Alfred State seeks educators who are studentcentered and engage in the life of the College. Our tenure process emphasizes teaching and university service with a more flexible approach to scholarship and professional growth. For faculty interested in research, the college maintains a teacherscholar program to support research including applied research that complements our emphasis in experiential learning, civic engagement and sustainability.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive Annual Giving program with measurable goals, strategies for reaching those goals, appropriate resource allocation, and benchmarks for measurement to promote the needs of the university and ensure the success of the annual fund.
- Collect, enter, and analyze information in the donor database for the purpose of increasing annual fund donations and participation.
- Planning and managing an aggressive integrated annual fund program including, direct mail appeals, e solicitations, social media, web, and phonathon focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support.
- Serve as liaison with internal academic/student focused areas for annual gifts.
- Create a program for student and young alumni philanthropy.
- Manage all aspects of the Alumni/Parent phonathon call center including creating all strategies, establishing goals, developing budgets, hiring and training students, and monitoring progress.
- Manage all aspects of the phonathon call center including create strategies, develop all scripts, establish goals, students and monitor progress for phonathon calling parents and alumni.
- Continue to grow the Alfred State President's Society donor group of $1,000+ donors by developing relationship with and stewarding alumni, parents, corporations and, "friends" of the college. Also, take the lead on planning an annual recognition dinner with this group and the college president.
- Work within the moves management system to upgrade donors, and to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects for annual fund contributions.
- Coordinate and attend special annual givingrelated events.
- Thrive in a highpressure, resultsoriented, deadlineintensive environment.
- Travel, primarily within the state of New York.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Attend professional development workshops and conferences and review professional publications as appropriate.
- Affect and maintain a professional, proactive, positive, highly collaborative, and performance centric work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An earned master's degree if preferred.
- Minimum of five years' experience in higher education or a nonprofit organization in development, marketing, communications or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to raise voluntary support
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
An uploaded cover letter is required of all applicants.
Apply online via:
Pursuant to University policy, Alfred State College is committed to ensuring equal employment, education opportunity, and equal access to services, programs, and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or exoffender status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely based upon a protected characteristic.
All applicants are subject to drug and criminal background checks.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for the College at http://www.alfredstate.edu/studentservices/annualsecurityandfiresafetyreport. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the SUNY Alfred State College University Police Department at 607-587-3999.