Director of DevelopmentCompany: The Binghamton Philharmonic
Date Posted: July 16, 2015
PRIMARY MARKET: The Binghamton Philharmonic Orchestra is located in the Southern Tier of New York and the potential markets include: Broome, Cortland, Tioga, and Chenango Counties in NY and Braford County in Pennsylvania. Broome County has historically been the Philharmonic’s primary market, where Binghamton, NY is located.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Development Director is directly accountable to the Executive Director and has oversight of the marketing and development staff. The Development Director also has a coordinating role with the Board of Directors.
- Maintain a comprehensive development and related marketing program in support of the goals of the Binghamton Philharmonic
- Effectively assume responsibilities for annual fund campaigns
- Maintain an effective program to support the board in meeting its fundraising responsibilities
- Implement an effective corporate sponsorship program
- Develop and maintain a responsive endowment campaign
- Evaluate ticket sales and implement strategies to continuously increase both annual sales for tickets and subscriber participation.
- Respond to appropriate grant opportunities
- Prepare budgets for various special events and assume responsibility for outcomes
- 4 year bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of related experience
- Ability to meet flexible hours for concert and donor related meetings
- Experience in staff oversight and development related to institutional advancement