Director of DevelopmentCompany: Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Albany
Date Posted: August 26, 2015
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Albany seeks a Director of Development. Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Director will provide leadership and strategic direction for all development activities of the organization to support the agency’s efforts to meet increasing community needs. The Director will also coordinate and provide counsel, coaching and support for the development activities of all agencies of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Albany.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the agency’s development efforts, including all aspects of fundraising.
- Design and implement a multi-year comprehensive development plan, as well as annual work plans that include goals, objectives, timetables, budget requirements & metrics for evaluation that include the following areas of activity:
- a major gift program that focuses on identification, cultivation and solicitation of individual and corporate donors
- an effective annual giving program
- a robust donor stewardship program encompassing individuals and corporations
- planned giving
- direct mail outreach
- on-line giving strategies
- special event fundraising
- a capital campaign
- Provide supervision to the development staff
- Through the Chief Executive Officer, engage the Boards of Catholic Charities in active partnership as ambassadors, solicitors and donors.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of experience in fund development and demonstrated success in identifying and securing major gifts, supporting annual, multi-year and capital campaigns, as well as experience working with Raiser’s Edge.
In addition, the candidate must embrace the social justice mission of Catholic Charities, demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain exceptional relationships with constituents, supporters and colleagues, and have superb communication and organizational skills.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, with salary requirements, to email@example.com or Development Director Search, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Albany, 40 North Main Avenue, Albany, NY 12203
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer