Development DirectorCompany: Food Bank of the Southern Tier
Date Posted: November 2, 2015
The Development Manager is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive annual giving program designed to raise on-going support for the Food Bank. The Development Manager oversees the direct mail, online, recurring gift and major donor giving programs, as well as cultivation events for major donors. Working closely with other Development & Community Engagement staff, the Development Manager creates and implements an annual plan, production schedule, and prospecting and development strategies.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of charitable giving and the principles and techniques of major gift fund-raising.
- Facility with development or other CRM/relational databases; familiarity with Raiser's Edge strongly preferred.
- The ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint software.
- Demonstrates personal integrity, enthusiasm, perspective, flexibility, sound judgment, a strong work ethic, and a desire to work together as a team in a vibrant organization.
- Committed to helping the Food Bank build and sustain hunger-free communities throughout the Southern Tier;able to articulate that mission with conviction.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout a multi-county service area and work non-traditional hours (some nights and weekends) as needed.
- Acceptance of Catholic Charities' and the Food Bank of the Southern Tier's values and mission.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:Michelle Benedict-JonesVP of Development & Community EngagementFood Bank of the Southern Tier388 Upper Oakwood AvenueElmira, NY firstname.lastname@example.org