Community Engagement CoordinatorCompany: Food Bank of the Southern Tier
Date Posted: July 25, 2016
The Community Engagement Coordinator will collaborate with corporate & community partners, Food Bank staff, and others to successfully plan and execute new and existing special events and cause marketing campaigns. Working under the direction of the Donor & Community Engagement Manager, this position will develop relationships with relevant parties (sponsors, participants, the community, donors, and volunteers) with relation to special events and campaigns to achieve maximum impact. This position will also implement strategies to strengthen engagement and increase awareness about the issues of hunger and food insecurity in the Southern Tier.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications, or related field/experience required. 1-2 years minimum experience in marketing or related field. Experience managing events and/or campaigns, and/or experience in customer service, business development, or hospitality is a plus.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects/events
- Ability to adhere to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented – ability to understand the big picture while also focusing on the details
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office programs.
- Willingness to travel across six-counties and ability to work nights and weekends as events dictate
- Ability to relate effectively to staff, volunteers, donors, partners, clients and the general public.
The Food Bank of the Southern Tier is an equal opportunity employer and a regional agency of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Rochester. The Food Bank distributes food and other grocery items to a network of over 160 partner agencies in Broome, Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga and Tompkins counties.