Research and Records Assistant, part-timeCompany: Animal Care Sanctuary, East Smithfield, PA
Date Posted: November 1, 2016
Animal Care Sanctuary, one of the oldest and largest no kill shelters for companion animals in the country, seeks a part-time Research and Records Assistant. The person in this position will research and identify prospective grant-making organizations and manage Blackbaud’s E-Tapestry database software for the busy, award winning, animal shelter. This position reports to the Director of Development and will play a vital role in the current capital campaign and the coming 50 year anniversary of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required, familiarity with E-Tapestry or Raiser’s Edge database software a plus.
- Need strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong team player who also works well independently.
- Specific experience in non-profit/fundraising environment is preferred.
- Conduct prospect research to identify potential corporation, foundation and public agency funding sources for ACS projects and programs.
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, grant proposals and grant reports.
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely implementation of various campaigns and ensure prompt acknowledgement of corporate, foundation and public agency grants and contributions and gifts from individuals.
- Manage E-Tapestry database software including data entry and gift processing.
- Maintain an up-to-date database to ensure accuracy of all reports.
- Enter and maintain E-Tapestry reports of contact with individuals/organizations.
- Produce mailing lists for various funding campaigns.
- Produce reports of information requested by development director re: funding sources or individuals along with monthly board development reports, annual fund evaluation and annual report information.
Please submit a cover letter addressing your interest, work history and how your background meets the qualifications for this position along with a current resume and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three work related references. Also include two sample research profiles, one individual and one organization prospect file. Please submit electronically to email@example.com or by US mail to: Research and Records Position Search, Animal Care Sanctuary, PO Box A, East Smithfield, PA18817. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Job Type: Part-time with possibility of expanding to full-time.