Development DirectorCompany: Roberson Museum and Science Center
Date Posted: November 25, 2016
Roberson Museum and Science Center, Binghamton’s premier destination for art, history and science education, is seeking an experienced development professional to lead and grow a comprehensive fundraising program.
Reporting to the executive director, the development director will lead the areas of annual and planned giving, foundation and corporate giving, grants and special events. The director will maintain and grow Roberson’s base of individual and institutional support. Working with executive director, she/he will engage, leverage and lead the Board of Trustees in development programs, and ensure that development activities align with the museum’s curatorial, programmatic, and marketing initiatives to meet Roberson’s mission and ensure its financial health.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Proven track record with at least 3 years of experience, preferably within an arts-related institution, non-profit organization, educational institution or other environment of similar complexity. Experience should include successful and documented fundraising experience, grant writing and planned giving, and proven leadership ability.
• Demonstrated abilities as a motivated self-starter who can provide strategic vision and leadership and act as part of the senior management team.
• Exceptional communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
• Experience tracking cultivation and donor activity in a CRM
• Knowledge of and relationships within the Southern Tier philanthropic community or within the arts community is a plus.
To apply for this position, please email resume with cover letter to: email@example.com. Your interest in Roberson is appreciated; however, only candidates selected for interview process will be notified.
Roberson prohibits discrimination in employment, programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. Roberson also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to museum facilities.