Fund Development ConsultantCompany: Foodnet Meals on Wheels
Date Posted: November 30, 2016
Fund Development Consultant – Foodnet Meals on Wheels
Foodnet Meals on Wheels has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fund Development Consultant. Foodnet is seeking an individual with proven enthusiasm and affinity for fundraising, and a strong focus on year-round customer service.
Foodnet is a 501(c)(3), not for profit corporation organized in 1987 to provide meals and other nutrition services that promote dignity, well being and independence for older adults and other persons in need in Tompkins County. Foodnet envisions a community in which senior hunger is eliminated, supportive services are readily accessible, and our neighbors enjoy independence without isolation.
The Consultant appointment will be for one year at an average of 10 hours per week with a competitive hourly rate. The Consultant will report to the Foodnet Executive Director. The position is available January 1, 2017.
Essential functions of the position:
- Maintain and evaluate Foodnet’s current fund development efforts
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the Executive Director in fund development principles and best practices
- Develop a written Fund Development Plan in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Work with the Foodnet Board Committees on fund development, and fund-raising events
- Research grants, and assist with identifying other funding opportunities
- Monitor funding requirements, and assist with reporting to funders
Minimum professional requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong fund development professional skills with at least three years of experience with non-profit organizations
- Proven success in fund development planning, knowledge of professional fundraising standards, and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with multiple funding sources, including government entities
- Background in mentoring other professionals, and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative, lead, and manage multiple tasks and projects at one time
- Proficient in database management, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Willingness to work some weekend and evening hours
- Possesses a valid NYS Driver’s License
Professional knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Maintains a professional and resourceful style that includes the ability to work both independently, and as a team player
- Capacity to work collaboratively with a diverse range of businesses, foundations, and organizations
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in small or large group settings
- Excellent planning and time management skills; ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Demonstrated management skills in using performance metrics
- Experience in assisting with an annual campaign
- Ability to research campaign software programs, and make recommendations for use
- Knowledge of the Tompkins County funding community and the United Way are desirable
- Experience working with volunteers and a board of directors is desirable
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, at least three professional references, and a 1-2 page writing sample from a grant or report demonstrating some of the skills and abilities required above. Candidate materials are due by December 12th, 2016. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply by email to John A. Gaines IV, Chair, Foodnet Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foodnet is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and fully inclusive workplace that strengthens our organization and enhances our ability to adapt to change.